Thank you for joining us for the April Showers Springtime Blog Hop. To celebrate the arrival of spring, our April hop features projects filled with bright colors and springtime fun. I hope you have enjoyed some of the fun and creative ideas in previous posts. You should have just left Kathe D's blog - http://kathesadventure.blogspot.com/2013/04/april-showers-blog-hop-adventure.html. If so, you are in the right spot. If not, that's ok, you will find some blog buttons at the bottom of this post that will direct you whichever way you want to go. They will help you move along from blog to blog so you can see all of our amazing creations.
For me springtime conjures images with bright and fresh colors. It also brings to mind the many days of rain we have recently received. Our area was in desperate need of moisture and over the past couple of weeks, we have definitely been getting some rain. The upside to all the rain is that the grass is now a wonderful shade of green and little flowers are starting to poke their heads out of the ground.
The first project I have to show you is kind of an ode to the recent rains. I will have to say, though, I actually made this card last month prior to our inundation of rain. It is also inspired by another card similar in design that I saw recently on a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator board. This card uses many elements found in the Spring Catalog, which is still available now through May 31. Go to my Catalogs Page to find these items and more.
- Stamp Sets: Itty Bitties - 128939 $20.95 (S); Teeny Tiny Wishes - W-115370 $36.95, C-127802 $26.95
- Card Stock: Very Vanilla - 101650 $8.50 (8-1/2 x 5-1/2, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 3/4" Circle Punch); Daffodil Delight - 119683 $6.95 (1 x 3-1/4, 1/2" Circle Punch); Melon Mambo - 115320 $6.95 (1 x 3-1/4, 1/2" Circle Punch)
- Ink: Marina Mist - 126962 $5.95; Pacific Point - 126951 $5.95
- Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack - 118309 $16.95; 3/4" Circle Punch - 119873 $12.95; 1/2" Circle Punch - 119869 $5.95; 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch - 119871 $6.95; Marina Mist 3/8" Striped Organdy Ribbon - 129292 $9.95 (S); Big Shot - 113439 $99.95; Cloudy Day Textured Embossing Folder - 127022 $7.95 (S); Stampin' Dimensionals - 104430 $3.95
This next project is all spring to me. I found a similar project posted elsewhere on the web and fell in love with it. For my project, I used the bright colors from the Brights family. I had a small Styrofoam wreath just sitting around and waiting to be used. Using some retired ribbon that I had quite a bit of, I wrapped the wreath to make it easier to adhere the pinwheels. The pinwheels were die cut from the Brights Collection Designer Series Paper. Using a variety of buttons, pearls, and baker's twine along with butterflies punched from Floral District Designer Series Paper, I dolled up the wreath. I love the way it turned out!
- Accessories: Big Shot - 113439 $99.95; Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die (S) - 129411 $4.95; Floral District Designer Series Paper - 126919 $10.95*; Brights Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks - 117155 $21.95*; Elegant Butterfly Punch - 127526 $15.95; 3/16" Brights Brads - 119740 $6.95*; 3/16" Metallic Brads - 119741 $6.95*; Pearl Basic Jewels - 119247 $4.95; Brights Designer Buttons - 119747 $8.95*; Island Indigo Baker's Twine - 125575 $2.95; hot glue; ribbon
*Better hurry, these items are only available while supplies last. Head over to my Promotions Page to get the entire list of retiring accessories and retiring stamp sets.
(S) - available through May 31 in the Spring Catalog
My last project was prompted by my daughter's wish to paint her room. As we find curtains and the right color of paint, we are in the process of creating some new wall decor. One that I have seen in the past is using her initials on the wall in some sort of creative way. Even before the newly released retiring lists came out, I had planned on using some of our Designer Fabric due to the fact some there are some great prints with bright colors. Now that the fabric is on the list and listed at 40% off original price, we will definitely be using this sooner rather than later. We have narrowed down our choices to two packs. The Floral District pack or the Flirtatious pack. At their price now, we will pick both up and decide from there. As usual, I needed to be able to see what this decor was going to end up looking like before the final decision. Enter MDS! I use MDS quite a bit to create my concept project to see what it will look like before actually creating. Not only is it fun to play with but it saves me time and supplies when I get down to making my project. Same case here. I wanted to see how the colors of the fabric will work with the colors of the buttons I plan to use. I think we have a winner with this one. Now to put the concept into reality.
Digital Stamping Supplies:
- Flirtatious Designer Paper background; Neutral Buttons white, Love Birds Alphabet & Numbers
The next stop in the April Showers Hop is Marsha's blog - http://www.coffeepotstampingcafe.com/p/blog-page_5813.html. Thanks for visiting!
|Kathe D's Blog|